EasyRTC 1.0 Beta Now Available
Published on December 10, 2013
We just pushed v1.0.5-beta up to our GitHub repository, NPM, and our demo server.
If you are looking to start a new WebRTC project using EasyRTC, then this is the recommended branch.
New Features from v0.9 (the current master branch)
- Now a Node.JS module instead of an application (our #1 requested feature)
- Rooms - Clients can join one or more rooms. Can only see others in same room.
- Applications - separate EasyRTC applications can have differing options etc.
- API fields (Client based variables)
- Application, room, and session fields (Server based variables)
- Custom authentication
- Server options handler
- Server is now event driven
- File transfer API using data channels
For install instructions:
- Bug testing and fixing. Please report any you find.
- Documentation! We've added lots, but there is plenty more to do.
- EasyRTC.com Website. We'll be updating the website to house easier to read documentation.
- YouTube Videos. There are several new tutorial videos planned to work against this release.
We would like to send a special thanks to the alpha channel testers. I'll be closing down that branch.